- Feb. 2014: We've won the Best Paper Award at ACM CSCW 2014!
- Feb. 2014: I've found that I am one of the three reviewers (out of 500+) who did most reviews in ACM CSCW 2014 :-)
- Feb. 2014: Our paper has been selected to receive an Honorable Mention Award at ACM CHI 2014!
- Jan. 2014: Our paper on human factors of exergame controllers has been accepted to ACM CHI 2014.
- Jan. 2014: I am serving on the program committees of ACM UbiComp 2014 and AAAI ICWSM 2014.
- Aug. 2013: Our paper on a mobile pervasive care for language delay has been accepted to ACM CSCW 2014.
- May. 2013: I am serving on the program committee of of ACM MCSS 2013 collocated with ACM UbiComp 2013.
- Mar. 2013: Our paper on a mobile face-to-face interaction platform has been accepted to ACM MobiSys 2013.
- Feb. 2013: We've won a Best Demonstration Award at ACM HotMobile 2013!
Short BioI am currently a research assistant professor at Center for Mobile Software Platform in KAIST, Korea. I received my Ph. D. in Computer Science from KAIST in 2013 under the advisement of Prof. Junehwa Song, and B.S. / M.S. in Electrical Engineering from KAIST.
I have been exploring diverse issues around socio-physical computing - creating new mobile/ubiquitous computing systems for socially-aware interdisciplinary services based on inter-personal sensory technologies.
To list up my research interest (to date and near-future):
- Inter-personal computing:
- Social computing
- Rich face-to-face interaction
- Group context-based services
- Mobile/ubiquitous computing:
- Context monitoring platforms and services
- Signal processing, analysis, and inference
- Resource and quality-aware computing
- Future interdiscplinary ubiquitous computing services
- Intelligent education environment
- Pervasive gaming and athletics
- Life-immersive healthcare